If you haven’t learned by now, there is a huge difference between CBD Isolate VS Full Spectrum CBD. Though many of you simply enjoy the fruits of the labor provided by growers and manufacturers, there’s far more to it than just choosing a CBD of your choice and running for the hills. There are two types of Cannabidiol, and by knowing the difference between to the two, you could greatly enhance your experience from the time you purchase the product to the time you use it.
The world of CBD is growing immensely and people are using it religiously to treat a variety of conditions, such as pain, anxiety, insomnia, and more. While there is certainly a learning curve ahead, the first obstacle new users are faced with is the choice between using products made from CBD Isolate or Full Spectrum CBD. For those that haven’t learned the difference, which may be you up until this point, ordering a quick round of delicious gummy worms seemed to do the trick. However, there’s a story behind these two, so what is the difference?
What Is Full Spectrum CBD?
Full Spectrum CBD is often referred to as the “whole plant” and utilizes all the other cannabinoids that come packed in the marijuana plant, including trace amounts of THC (up to .3%). Understanding the benefits of all cannabinoids that Full Spectrum CBD includes will greatly affect your decision making when ordering CBD in the future and will allow you to gain all of the powerful healing benefits found in the ‘whole’ marijuana plant.
What Is CBD Isolate?
CBD Isolate is CBD that has been, more or less, purified and extracted from the marijuana plant, then “isolated” from all of the other cannabinoids, meaning the CBD Isolate will not contain any THC. CBD Isolate is merely the purest form strictly CBD and separated from cannabinoids, such as CBDA, CBG, and CBGA, just to name a few.
The Benefits of Cannabinoids
- CBD: CBD is an antibacterial, inhibits cancer cell growth, neuroprotective, promotes bone growth, reduces seizures and convulsions, reduces blood sugar levels, reduces function in the immune system, reduces inflammation, reduces risk of artery blockage, reduces small intestine contractions, reduces vomiting and nausea, relieves pain, relieves anxiety, slows bacterial growth, suppresses muscle spasms, tranquilizing, and treats psoriasis.
- CBDA: CBDA reduces inflammation and inhibits cancer cell growth.
- CBG: CBG aids sleep, inhibits cancer cell growth, and slows bacterial growth.
- CBGA: CBGA reduces inflammation, relieves pain, and slows bacterial growth.
- CBC: CBC inhibits cancer cell growth, promotes bone growth, reduces inflammation, and relieves pain.
- CBCA: CBCA reduces inflammation and treats fungal infection.
- Δ9-THCA: Δ9-THCA aids sleep, inhibits cancer cell growth, and suppresses muscle spasms.
- Δ9-THC: Δ9-THC reduces vomiting and nausea, relieves pain, stimulates appetite, and suppresses muscle spasms.
- Δ8-THC: Δ8-THC relieves pain.
- THCV: THCV reduces convulsions and seizures, and promotes bone growth.
Which Type of CBD Is Most Effective?
While there are many situations where CBD Isolate is the preferred choice over Full Spectrum CBD, it’s clear that the “whole plant” or Full Spectrum CBD is the most effective type of CBD. Those who prefer CBD Isolate may not need the full capabilities of the whole plant, maybe it isn’t legal to use THC in their state, or it could be a simple case of receiving negative reactions from other cannabinoids.
Before 2015, many people believed that CBD Isolate was more potent than Full Spectrum CBD due to it being isolated. That is until the Lautenberg Center for General Tumor Immunology in Jerusalem debunked the theory in a study.
CBD Isolate and Full Spectrum CBD are both great, and many users prefer one over the other. Some prefer to use a CBD Isolate and others prefer the “whole plant”. No matter what you prefer, Full Spectrum CBD is the most ideal form, packing in the full benefits of Cannabidiol with its many Cannabinoids that feature a full list of ailments it’s capable of treating. I think we can all agree which is better, so the best question to ask is, which do you prefer — CBD Isolate or Full Spectrum CBD?
Which Is Better, CBD Isolate or Full Spectrum CBD?
- CBD Isolate
- Full Spectrum CBD